What is Fasting ?
Fasting means willingly abstaining from all or some food items. It is meant for complete cleansing at all levels (physical, mental and spiritual)
Modern research says that fasting has the power to cure cancer, Alzheimer’s, cardio-vascular diseases, skin conditions and many other diseases. It improves functioning of liver, kidney, pancreas etc. It is a misconception that if we stop eating cereals, we become weak. On the contrary, by fasting, body is cleansed and physiological balance is maintained.
Why should we fast?
• Every machine in this world require maintenance and downtime. Our body also works 24×7 hence it also needs maintenance and repair. If we do not do it, sooner or later it will start giving problems. Fasting helps in giving rest to our digestive system
• All ailments come from toxins accumulation in the body. Fasting helps in removing toxins from body and making it healthier and stronger to fight against diseases
• During season change, body tend to have low immunity levels and fasting at this time, helps in boosting immunity and preventing us from diseases
• Our body works best in Alkaline environment. During fasting we reduce intake of acidic food (cereals, maida, oily, spicy food etc.) which helps in regulating our body functions
How does it Impact Body?
• Body repairs and heals itself
• Improved energy levels
• Boosts immune system
• Better functioning of organs
• Helps in losing weight
• Improves Cardiovascular Health
• Decreases Inflammation
How does it Impact Mind?
• Gives more mental clarity and improves self esteem which in turn improves brain activity
• Fasting helps in breaking a pattern of your body and mind which helps in learning a new direction of discipline
• Reduces stress